Red & White Bean With Bacon Soup
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||20 Minutes|
- 6 oz Canadian Bacon Cut into thin strips
- 1 Large Onion Diced
- 2 Celery Ribs Minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 Quarts Chicken Broth
- 2 Can Cannellini Beans Rinsed and drained
- 1 Can Red kidney beans Rinsed and drained
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Orzo Uncooked
- 2 Cloves garlic Minced fine
- Saute bacon, onion, celery and garlic in the oil until the onion is tender ~5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, beans, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Heat to boiling and add orzo. Reduce heat to simmer and cook ~10 minutes.
If you don't have any Canadian bacon laying around you can substitute in regular bacon, in which case you may want to use a touch more and saute it until almost done before adding the vegetables.