Tuscan Sausage, White Bean, and Kale Soup
|Prep Time||45 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sweet sausage casings removed
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 large carrots finely diced
- 1 large potato finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 15oz cans white cannelini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch kale stems removed and roughly chopped
- 64 ounces chicken stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Add sausage and brown, stirring occasionally and breaking into smaller pieces. Cook about 10 minutes.
- Add onion, carrots, potato, and bay leaves. Season with salt to taste. Cook ~10 minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Add beans and garlic, cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Add kale and cook until wilted. Add chicken stock.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
This soup actually tastes better the second day, so don't be afraid to make it ahead and reheat it. Best served with a nice crusty bread.