Chocolate Drop Cookies
Here is a recipe that I haven't got a chance to try yet, and furthermore it doesn't have chocolate chips in it, but it does have chocolate in the batter, and it sounds good. The lack of salt in the batter concerns me, so if someone gets a chance to let me know what they think of this recipe it would be greatly appreciated!
- 1/4 Cup Lard
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg Beaten well
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Squares Bakers Chocolate
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Melt the chocolate by the method you prefer
- Mix the flour and baking soda.
- Blend the shortening (lard), then add in the sugar, the egg (beat it well first) then the milk
- Incorporate the flour and baking soda mixture. After this is all mixed in add the melted chocolate and nuts.
- Place spoonfuls onto a greased cookie pan, and bake 12-15 minutes or until done.